PEOPLE. PASSION. PURPOSE.
Job-title: Community Intern
Reports to: AccountingWEB Editor
Hours: Part-time (19.5 hours per week)
Salary: £10 per hour
Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
We are looking to recruit a Community Intern who will play a front line role on AccountingWEB, helping to build engagement between members and advertisers that is central to the site’s success. This role is an introductory position that will allow development of online skills by interacting with our members and suppliers, and writing items that bring important topics to the wider community’s attention.
Reporting to the AccountingWEB Editor, you will help with member queries and draft and post comments as needed. You will support a safe and legal online environment, helping to cultivate a strong sense of community. Interacting with members on a daily basis, moderating debates where necessary and some proof-reading and production work on the site itself and its daily email bulletins are some of the key duties in this role.
Working closely with the Editor to ensure the site responds to the needs of its members, you will need to get to know the issues that matter to community members by participating in their debates, and by liaising with the Commercial Content Editor, you’ll support and promote commercial content on the site.
The successful applicant will be keen to develop a career in online B2B media and have a genuine enthusiasm for business issues. A methodical approach with the confidence to grasp the complicated technical topics that matter to our members is essential.
What we’d like from you:
- An appreciation of the demands of community publishing
- An understanding of web content management, the web’s role in professional publishing and the needs of AccountingWEB’s audience.
- Strong writing skills and a desire to develop editing, proof-reading and web production skills
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for business and accountancy issues
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload effectively and meet regular deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Familiarity with web tools and office technology.
- A track record of creating and sharing audio-visual content via social media.
- Knowledge of online community moderation tools
- A proactive approach to customer/member service
- A can-do attitude.
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our core values; Put People First, Inspire Action, Be Curious, Be Honest, Stay Focused, and Have Fun.
Please apply with a CV and details of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies.
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK HERE
“Sift gives me the time for any training or support I need and helps me get the most out of my day to day job. I love coming into work!”