PEOPLE. PASSION. PURPOSE.
Job-title: Junior IT Technician
Reports to: CIO
This is a junior position within a small, supportive and friendly Operations team. You will be at the front-line, supporting the two Sift businesses with their ongoing and constantly evolving IT requirements. This role will involve initially dealing directly with employees who have technical issues with their PC, have email issues, or simply just forgotten their password. This could lead to a more challenging role in the business, where you will be fully supported, giving you the foundations of a great career in IT
Responsibilities will include:-
- 1st / 2nd Line Desktop Support
- Supporting the mobile workforce. (Handsets, data sticks, ipads etc)
- Setting up AV equipment for company meetings
- Manage the IT support queue, assigning tickets appropriately.
- Maintaining the asset management systems.
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software problems
- Supporting with desk moves, ensuring health and safety compliance
- Backup maintenance and tape management.
Opportunities to Learn:-
- Windows Server 2019 / Windows10 / Mac OSX / Linux
- Configuring and maintaining Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, WSUS
- Networking (Routing, VLAN’s etc)
- VPN’s (SSL/IPSec)
- Firewalls / IPS
- VMWare, vSphere, KVM virtualisation
- Cloud Infrastructure such as Amazon EC2, S3 etc
Potential Future Opportunities:-
- Drupal/Wordpress Websites
- 24/7 Linux Hosting Environments (300+ Websites)
- Digital Marketing
- Business applications (Salesforce, JIRA, Google Suite)
You are looking to take your first step into a career in IT or already have some experience supporting IT systems and have a real interest in solving business problems using technology. You have a passion for technology, an aptitude for IT and a desire to learn new skills
In addition you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a team and under their own initiative
- A strong ability to learn new skills quickly
- An interest in keeping up to date with the latest technology and best practice
- Any prior experience of the technologies we use would also be advantageous
This is an entry level role and the salary on offer is £16,000 per annum.
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our core values; Put People First, Inspire Action, Be Curious, Be Honest, Stay Focused, and Have Fun. In return, we can offer you a great place to work with loads of opportunities to learn. We offer a whole host of benefits and to name a few; 25 days leave, a day off for your birthday, flexible working, a health cash plan, life insurance, pension, high street shopping discounts and various flexible benefits.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies
Job Title: Head of Product
Division: Sift Media
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: £45K to £55K dependent on skills and experience
We’re on the look out for a talented Head of Digital Product to work within a fast-paced, dynamic media business with an ambition to grow significantly over the next three years. This role will lead our digital services team, working with our internal teams and outsourced agency to drive the performance and simplification of our existing digital products. Key metrics include conversion rates for content and an increase in on-site acquisition for our email newsletters and events.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you’ll be an experienced product lead who can align our in-house development team to business goals, optimise our digital platform and help us use technical solutions to solve business challenges.
The successful candidate will most likely have:
- Experience managing product development teams, ideally on a digital platform
- A proven track record working with outsourced partners and managing SLAs
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing UX/visual skills
- The ability to translate the product vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction
- An ecommerce and goal-based mindset
- A results driven focus on digital product management and design driving CTR and conversion.
We want people with a can-do attitude, who enjoy working hard as part of a team and are tenacious in their drive to improve and succeed. Sift fosters a culture of openness and honesty, providing a flexible and fun work environment.
In return, we can offer you a great place to work, the ability to make a real difference every day and with loads of opportunities to learn. We offer a whole host of benefits and to name a few; 25 days leave, a day off for your birthday, flexible working, a health cash plan, life insurance, pension, high street shopping discounts and various flexible benefits.
Sift Media is a digital B2B publishing business, which has been established for 20 years and serves practical content, insight and events to help improve the working lives of people
in the HR, L&D, Customer Experience, Accounting and Finance professions. Sift Media is based in the heart of Bristol and is part of Sift Limited, which is also home to marketing services agency, Practiceweb.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Strictly no agencies
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK HERE
“Sift gives me the time for any training or support I need and helps me get the most out of my day to day job. I love coming into work!”